An Audio Book on Music Law
Bewildered by the maze of legal concepts in the competitive music business?
You've found the solution to your troubles. With this audio book on music law,
you'll get a practical overview of the industry without having to trudge
through pages of dense legalese. Listen in on a conversation between a
musician and a music attorney as they address the legal issues of greatest
interest to performing artists and songwriters - and to anyone else
interested in a professional career in the music industry.
The audio book is written by entertainment attorney, Joy R. Butler, and read by professional narrators James Chatelain, Lynne Reynolds,
Dionne Rogers and James Watson.
You'll hear vital information about
- Negotiating record deals and songwriter agreements
- Generating income from your songs
- Calculating your record royalties step-by-step
- Protecting your music through copyright law
- Hiring agents, managers and music attorneys
- Protecting band names through trademark protection
- Organizing your band or music-related venture as a business
- Developing an agreement among band members
- Working with a music publisher
The audio book package includes
- 2 Cassettes. Running Time: Approx. 3 Hours. Read by professional narrators.
- 62-page booklet with
- illustrative examples
- glossary of music law terms
- negotiation guides for music contracts
- listing of music industry resources